These are one of my favourite dinner side-dishes. They are easy to make and warm up nicely the next day. The mild, cheesy flavour makes them a good leftover even for breakfast the next day. If you like potatoes (And who doesn’t? Really?) then you will love these!
- 6 medium potatoes, chopped into quarters
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cheese, salt, pepper and spices. Mix well.
- Melt butter into an oven safe baking pan.
- Dip potatoes into water, then roll them in the flour mixture. Place them into the baking pan and bake for 1 hour.
This is a quick and easy side-dish that goes well with a meat side. Try them with roasted pork! I used new (juvenile/young) potatoes and they had a delicious sweet quality to them. I highly recommend them for this dish as the time in the oven really helps bring out the sweetness.
Side note: I’ve decided that I suck at cooking pork chops (failed attempt pictured above) and will gladly accept any tips you have to add flavour!